Sasol Vacancies is open for an administrator in mining operations.
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity.
The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam.
We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
- Responsible for providing administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient administration at Sasol Mining SHE Department
- Responsible for general area / department and is the team’s expert in methods and tasks efficiencies
- To assist in ensuring effective office administration, document control and Environmental Management reporting within the established governance framework
- Deliver on time and within required standards. Deal with immediate and relatively short-term issues with
- procedural routine thinking challenges.
- Report on issues and challenges identified
- Action tasks with attentiveness, assertiveness and persistence
- Ensure that work standards are met according to quality standards & compliance
- Submit data, documents, information and presentations as per schedule
Awareness of cost / budget
- Verify and correct raw data by highlighting inconsistencies with the data capturer (owner), seeking explanations for inconsistencies and / or correct the data where relevant.
- PPE management for the Department
Other relevant SAP transactions
- Operate within relatively standardised guidelines from superior/s regarding what is required and how it is to be done.
- Constantly interact with people in dealing with day-to-day effectiveness of delivery.
- Accuracy and timelines of feedback provided
- Exceptions identified, monitored and reported to manager
General office admin
- Document management and filing
- Duties performed may include preparation of documents and reports, the use of office technology
- compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting information, greeting/referring/assisting
- visitors/clients/staff/others, mail distribution, and photocopying.
- Produced high quality reports and presentations
- Timeous delivery and deliver on agreed dates
- Accountable for the effective utilisation and deployment of senior executives/manager/s time and schedule
- diary management to reduce management role complexity and facilitate optimum productivity of individuals supported.
- Organise meetings and schedule attendees (book visitors, etc.)
- Acts as the manager’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation.
- Demonstrate appropriate protocol
- Be assertive
- Perform clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling
- meetings, in addition to providing effective technical support in Board-type preparation and presentations.
- Professional quality presentation
- Taking of minutes and distribution and follow-up
- Policies, practices, standards, procedures and methods: application and compliance
- Review compliance and follow up against the standards and objectives. BU customer satisfaction surveys
- Comply with relevant service level agreements. Ensure adherence to Sasol reporting guidelines
- Liaise with BU data owners on expectations and requirements for standardisation
Governance and Compliance
- Develop data owner network for all relevant required data and information for reporting and submission purposes
- Comply with reporting schedules
- Develop and maintain reporting schedules for all relevant data. Raw data available and ready as per schedule
- Analyse raw data by checking for inconsistencies in the available data (e.g. significant differences in the previous and current values reported)
Problem solving and decision making
Ensure availability of updated and accurate data and information to enable informed strategic business
- Build customer relationships in order to understand their needs
- Foster effective relationships with strategic partners, i.e. Environmental Practitioners to ensure trouble free data and audit management
- Liaise with Business Unit Environmental Practitioners on expectations and requirements for standardisation
- Improve present way of doing work by continuously asking questions
- Share and implement new ideas regarding work
- Continually improved data management and reporting processes
- Identify on-going data management and reporting improvement opportunities
- Identify Business Unit internal best practice opportunities
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Grade 12
- Proficient in MS Office packages
- Relevant Diploma will be to your advantage
- Coal Mining Experience will be to your advantage
- 2 years total work experience
- Drivers license and own transport
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Leadership Competency
- Self Mastery: Takeas accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awereness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Apply Here: Administrator Ops – Sasol
Other Sasol Jobs: