Responsible for authorisation of repairs and maintenance on client vehicles. Negotiate with merchants and manufacturers to obtain optimum benefits/discounts in terms of repair costs. Control maintenance spend per vehicle. Conform to laid down policy and procedures
- Verify vehicle make and model and check if vehicle is still under warranty to determine aspects to be authorised.
- Check history of vehicles to determine repetition of repairs and ensure that no repeat repairs is undertaken and costs contained.
- Collate and analyse quotations and make recommendations. Ensure all quotes are in line with national norms and benchmark prices.
- Operate within approved operational mandates and parameters.
- Liase with manufacturers to assist in policy and goodwill claims
- Negotiate on behalf of the client, competitive maintenance and repair prices.
- Respond to telephone queries within the agreed service level agreements in a professional manner.
- Fax authorisation confirmation to merchants when required.
- Highlight excessive expenses on maintenance and repairs on vehicles to the helpdesk manager.
- Resolve all Helpdesk queries i.e. merchant queries, card queries and report queries. This includes the actioning of e-mails. Refer vehicles and merchants not on the system to the helpdesk manager.
- Issue card authorisations for damaged cards.
- The helpdesk is a 24-hour service, which operates 7 days a week. Shifts or being on call will be necessary on an alternate basis
- Diesil / Petrol Mechanic Diploma
Minimum Experience Level
- 3 – 5 years senior admin level in financial services industry
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Managing Work
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking procedures
- Business terms and definitions
- Business writing
- Cluster specific operations
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
Type of Exposure
- Working independently or with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Completing various administrative duties (e.g.; answering phones; making copies; filing)
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding
- Tracking cost against a budget
- Capturing data
- Checking accuracy of reports and records
- Drafting reports
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Working with spread sheets