- The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
- CHAI approaches some of the most pressing issues in global health with a business-oriented strategy to fundamentally change the underlying economics. CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for diagnosis and treatment; accelerating access to lifesaving technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required for high-quality care and treatment programs. By addressing global market failures and accelerating access to the most effective, high-quality health products at affordable and sustainable prices, CHAI helps patients access the care and treatment they need.
- Over the last few decades, the South Africa National Department of Health (NDoH) has made significant progress in increasing access to Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal and Neonatal Health (SRHMNH) services in South Africa. However, gaps still exist, maternal and child mortality is still a significant contributor to overall mortality rates and wide variations persist in quality and access to comprehensive, integrated healthcare services, especially for women and adolescents.
- To address these challenges, the CHAI-SA’s SRMNH team is supporting the DoH at national and provincial levels to implement a broad range of activities, across demand generation, supply chain strengthening and service delivery expansion, across both public and private sector channels, aimed at significantly increasing uptake and accessibility of SRMNH services for women and adolescents.
- CHAI-SA’s SRMNH program supports NDoH to ensure that performance of the strategic development and implementation of SRMNH program efforts are conducted and monitored efficiently and effectively.
- This is done through the provision of technical assistance in the implementation of the national SRMNH policy, guidelines, and operational plan, development of strategic documents and tools, including demand generation, training, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E), to support critical management systems and to galvanize key stakeholder coordination.
- The SRMNH CHAI-SA team is seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent analytical ability and strong communication skills to play a key role in the SRMNH program in South Africa. The Analyst will input to a growing CHAI team and will be expected to support the NDoH to create, execute and monitor evidence-based plans and strategies. The Analyst will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, from quantitative analysis to collaborating with stakeholders, content creation and assisting the team with components which will contribute to data interpretation and analytics, improvements in supply chain, market intelligence, demand forecasting, demand generation and/or quantification.
- The Analyst will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and will report to the SRMNH Program Manager. The role requires travel to the various provinces in support of project deliverables and objectives and the duration of the role is until December 2022.
Specifically, key responsibilities will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities.
- Compile, synthesize and analyse data to inform the development of assessments, reports, and other program materials to ensure effective program execution.
- Support the analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to inform recommendations and support any revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and/or services.
- Conducting routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and program data.
- Developing and maintaining program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation.
Compile, synthesize and analyze data to inform the development of assessments, training materials. Produce compelling presentations and reports and other program materials to ensure effective program execution.
- Support the creation of content which will increase the uptake of SRMNH services.
- Support the SRMNH Program Manager on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Health, Business or a related field.
- A minimum of one-year professional experience in a private or public sector setting and with increasing levels of responsibility and experience.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced technical proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems, in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with a strong commitment to excellence, both internally and externally, and with limited structural support.
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations that translate the results of team activities into meaningful implementation recommendations.
- English language fluency, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of SRMNH, health systems strengthening, and/or global healthcare systems.
- Experience working with international partners in country.
- Management consulting or other relevant private and public-sector experience.
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Willingness to travel as and when required.