We Are Setting The Pace
Clickatell is a world-class Chat Commerce company, ambitious to stay ahead of its competitors. We build our own culture in which we dream big and stay busy doing the right things.
We need people who can understand the bigger picture and who connect the dots to achieve success. In our agile and demanding environment, you will have to ask the right questions and take the smart risk.
We call ourselves Champions. Why Champions? Because it’s not only about what they have done, but also for what they are going to do.
The way they are going to drive our organization forward and deliver solutions to our customers. Watch this space as we blaze a new path while expanding across the globe.
Your purpose is to assist the Senior Financial Analyst with analysing and reconciling supplier invoices, vendor accounts, and payment gateway accounts. Responsible for the SMS stock management, Customer invoicing and processing EFT offline payments on Clickatell platforms.
We Do The Right Things – Responsibilities of the Role
- Processing offline payments:
- Processing all offline and EFT payments across the globe on various platforms
- Manage offline/ EFT payments processes to ensure all client payments are processed in an efficient and timely manner
- Management of Ticketing Queue (Jira Payments queue)
- Regular Check-ins with Senior Financial Analyst to ensure all offline payments received are allocated or escalated
- Analyse and Reconcile Supplier Invoices:
- Analyse supplier invoices against actual usage / volumes per Clickatell platforms
- Escalate discrepancies between invoice and Clickatell platforms to Routing and VAS team to reconcile internal pricing errors and supplier invoicing errors
- Escalate supplier invoicing errors to Partnerships and follow up on any pending credit notes due
- Escalate to Snr Financial Analyst any large supplier discrepancies to ensure accurate provisions are raised at month end.
- Customer Account Maintenance:
- Approve, allocate and maintain overdrafts (standing and temporary) to clients
- Approve special pricing request by reviewing Jira tickets
- Upload/ create customer information in NAV such as billing information, VAT number, etc
- Liaise with Sales to ensure the above is actioned timely
- Customer Invoicing – Prepaid
- Create offline invoices for customers/ POC on MC2 as requested
- Ensure that invoices are created and sent out timeously
- AR Collection follow up emails to all overdue clients (WhatsApp services)
- Customer Invoicing – Post-paid
- Calculate and populate WhatsApp Invoicing sheet
- Work with Sales Team to ensure monthly billing is accurate and pricing is current
- Distribute WhatsApp billing sheet to sales team to complete for billing
- Run message reports for customers and save in folder
- Create once off post-paid orders on TRACT where applicable
- Distribute invoices to Customer within 4 days after month end
- Forward Statements monthly and follow up on any unpaid invoices.
- Payment Gateway Reconciliations:
- Complete the Payment gateway reconciliations by reconciling Clickatell platforms to payment gateway reports
- Reconcile payment gateway reports to bank statements to ensure the funds were received
- Prepare weekly Payment Gateway (CyberSource) recons which are checked/ signed off by Snr Financial Analyst
- Assist with year-end audit
- All round backup for AR team and Snr Financial Analyst
We Are On A Learning Journey – Requirements of the Role
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in financial operations required
- Excellent communication: Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent Administrative skills: Be able to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Be able to work under pressure: Deadlines are very tight, accurate reporting is a must.
- Supplier Focus: Respond and deal effectively with suppliers.
- Teamwork: Must be able to work as part of a team. Must be able to work reliably and responsibly with internal and external colleagues.
- Analysis and logic, systematic and orderly planning, attention to detail.
- Demonstrable experience of excel skills and good working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to handle high pressure environment and adapt to change.
- Self-starter who can work with minimum of supervision.
- Ethical and principal based working methods.
- Excellent negotiating skills both internally to team and externally with other departments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours when circumstances dictate.
- Technology industry experience would be advantageous.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (NAV) preferable.
Why You Should Join – Perks of the Role
- Healthcare, Retirement Fund and Risk benefit company contributions.
- Quarterly performance incentives.
- Reimbursable Communication allowances for internet and mobile phone bills.
- Half-day off on your birthday.
- 5 personal days leave a year, over and above your annual leave.
- Remote Working (our offices are currently open for essential use only due to COVID-19).
- Home office set-up with laptop, monitor, chair and UPS.
- Joining one of South Africa’s few Silicon Valley VC invested businesses during an exciting growth phase for the
- business and potential for exciting future prospects.
- Being part of an exciting international and diverse team.