The role will be based in Gauteng and report to the Regional Sales Manager
The successful incumbent will need Corporate Retail Trade exposure and experience in Managing People/ Teams.
- Degree in management, business administration and/or marketing
- Valid Code EB drivers license
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a marketing and sales function that includes coordinating sales teams and managing complex and/or significant customer relationships
- FMCG experience is essential
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the area sales strategy as aligned to the regional strategy.
- Generate leads regarding prospective contract opportunities and, together with the Regional sales Manager, drive deal closure.
- Drive the area contribution to strategic and operational target achievement.
- Contribute to accurate area sales (volume and product) forecasting and ensure alignment to and input into the regional and national planning processes.
- Track area competitor activity and performance.
- Develop, implement and manage area marketing objectives.
- Drive horizontal and vertical growth opportunities.
- Constantly analyze statistics regarding the number of sales made in a given time period, the resulting profits, and the need for new clients and products.
- Coordinate sales team promotional activities across the area.
Customer Relationship Management
- Maintain and expand the customer base by building and maintaining good relationships with key customers and recognising new customer opportunities.
- Understand key customers’ operations and strategies as well as their requirements and trends.
- Gather area market intelligence on national accounts and key regional accounts.
- Manage and coordinate area resources in line with customer plans in order to achieve strategic objectives (call planners etc).
- Ensure the customer service policy is rigidly implemented and maintained.
- Resolve escalated customer queries and issues professionally and in the best interest of all parties.
Supply Chain and Distribution Management
- Address area stock availability issues with depots.
- Oversee the area order taking process.
- Drive the achievement of the area sales budgets in terms of volume.
- Control area sales costs.
Area Team Management
- Ensure the sales team creates demand pull.
- Plan and schedule team training and monitor impact on performance.
- Organize and direct the area team towards the achievement of its targets and together with the team, identify sales goals, create and implement strategies, and evaluate performance.
- Accomplish area sales goals by orienting, instructing, assigning, scheduling, counselling and disciplining staff.
- Address the job expectations of staff.
- Plan, supervise, evaluate job contributions and provide regular feedback.
- Manage staff leave and general time management issues in line with organizational deliverables and standards.
- Ensure the accurate recording and maintenance of all employee information.
- Manage delivery against talent management action plans.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities for subordinates.
- Complete skills and competency matrices for all subordinates.
- Formulate/update job profiles for all subordinate jobs.
- Coach and mentor subordinates and potential successors.
- Develop and drive the training strategy.
- Develop and drive progression and career paths for subordinate.