This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet.
Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : TPT Richards Bay MPT
Position Title : Driver – FEL Loaders
Employee Group : Non Permanent
Department : Operations
Location : Various Locations
Reporting To : Operations Supervisor
Grade Level : HRLYJ1
Reference Number : 20201146
- To load, transport and unload all cargo within the Kendal Siding in Mpumalanga, through the operation of the correct plant and Equipment in compliance with the applicable standard operating procedure in order to optimize the movement of cargo and reduce damages thereby increasing terminal profits.
- Perform daily task on allocated machine prior to commencement of work in order to ensure operational integrity of equipment.
- Complete daily task sheets, record equipment defects and advise supervisor of defects.
- Replenish fuel and fluid levels of equipment.
- Operate allocated equipment in accordance with applicable standard operating procedure and monitor equipment
- performance during performance of the job.
- Operate Articulated vehicles, tractor/trailer, forklifts trucks, payloader and tip truck.
- Report accidents or incidents which occur during performance of duty.
- Ensure correct equipment / attachments are utilized during the performance of duties and change equipment as required to
- handle changing commodities.
- Perform end of shift task.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric and 1-year Minimum relevant experience.
- Code 14 (EC Drivers License).
- Certificate of competence for each machine operated – (Front End Loader).
- Condition of equipment, (Reported defects not repaired).
- Travelling long distances.
- Poor lighting in some areas during night shift.
- Working within confined spaces.
- Handling of abnormal and unusual loads.
- Handling dangerous cargo (Copper/ Manganese), Coal
- Position Ring-Fenced to the Kendal Community in Mpumalanga.
- Proof of residential address must be attached / proof of address from the ward councilor.
- Confirmation of the voters roll which must be obtained from the Local Municipality.
- Indicate Last School Attended and Certified Copy of Matric Certificate.
- Certified copy of Code 14 License and competency certificate for Front End Loader.
- Certified copy of ID.
- Write the Reference Number on the CV.
If any of the above documents are not attached, application will be deemed invalid.
Please drop off CV together with the supporting documentation at:
Ogies Transnet Freight Rail Depot, Main Road, Ogies, 2230
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.