Onrus Manor (in Hermanus), an exclusive retirement/lifestyle village managed by the well respected Faircape Group has a vacancy for an organised, professional and bubbly personality to take control of Front of House, providing a friendly and efficient service to our residents.
The purpose of the Food Service Manager is to ensure a quality meal and refreshment service (including the bar) is provided to all residents.
The job incumbent will take responsibility for the stock control and management of all beverages (including wine) served in the dining room and bar.
Furthermore the job incumbent will be responsible for coordination of the waiters, full responsibility for the bar and billing of residents refreshments at the bar (liaison with the Village Administrator).
He/she will further assist the Village Manager with any events and/or activities being held in the club house.
Specific duties include, but is not limited to the following:
- Conduct weekly and monthly stock counts.
- Ordering of stock (to be signed off by Village Manager) – liaise with Admin Officer and execute follow up and delivery.
- Daily receipting and updating of stock counts.
Meal and Refreshment Service:
- Manage the full meal and refreshment service with assistance from waiters in both the clubhouse and healthcare.
- All meal bookings
- Placements of residents in clubhouse
- Ad hoc drinks service (ie cocktails on special occasions).
- Provide a full wine service during lunches.
- Manage the afternoon tea and cake service in the dining room.
- Work as barman at the bar in dining room on allocated evenings
- Daily, weekly and monthly stock takes (with Ops Manager) on refreshments and glassware
- Daily cash up
Set Up for Meal Time and Service:
- Check on setting of tables, cleanliness of cutlery, crockery and glassware on all tables.
- Report anomalies to Village Manager and Hospitality & Training Manager
- Ensure all tables has bowl of ice as requested
- Meet and greet residents.
- Take complaints and compliments and pass on to the Food Service Manager
- Co-ordinate and manage the service from Waiters at the coffee shop
- Manage stock in the coffee shop
- Billing of all orders in coffee shop
- Daily cash ups according to procedure
- Assist the Village Manager with the set up for events in the dining room (ie themed and special lunches).
- Meet and greet residents attending the function.
- Assist with the cleaning after the function and ensure the decor is safely
- Open umbrellas on patio when weather is good, and fold down at the end of the day.
- Assist with the preparation and clearing away for events in the activity centre.
- Ensure that all games equipment is accounted for and stored correctly.
- Do daily checks on all equipment and lights in the clubhouse area and report inconsistencies to the Village
- Manager or Maintenance Manager.
- Switch on TV and play music during meal times
- Switch lights on in the morning
- Switch on air condition and ensure it is set at the right temperature
- Report any housekeeping anomalies to the Estate/Maintenance Manager
Staff Management (waiters – clubhouse and healthcare):
- Shifts and rostering of all Waiters
- Arrange for replacement of waiters
- Signing off on all Waiter hours every month (clockings)
- Handling of customer complaints as reported by the Waiters
Working Hours: The incumbent will be required to work 16.25 shifts per month, according to the roster. Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays from 07h00 – 19h00.
Qualifications – Senior certificate and tertiary qualification in hospitality advantageous
Skills and attributes – Proven experience in hospitality industry and/or similar environment. Knowledge of serving etiquette and basic wine knowledge. Basic admin knowledge. Proven organisational and admin skills. Excellent communication skills, computer literate, customer service orientation, responsible, accountable and dedicated.
Specific requirements – Clear health record, clear criminal and credit record.