Metropolitan is one of the oldest financial services brands in South Africa. With a 116 year legacy of serving the communities in which it operates, Metropolitan represents true empowerment in serving Africa’s people through affordable financial solutions that create financial growth and security.
Metropolitan operates in South Africa, but the brand is also present in 7 African countries including, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, Ghana and Lesotho.
Metropolitan provides financial wellness solutions that meet the needs of low income clients, including funeral insurance, health, savings, hospital cash-back cover, retirement solutions and life insurance.
Execute various recruitment administrative processes and support the HC team in delivering a consistent HC service that empowers the business to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Interns must have achieved a National Senior Certificate (Matric/Grade 12)
- 3 year HR Degree/Diploma in Human Resources
- An honours in Psychology (an advantage)
- Only South African youth may be registered on an internship
- Be aged between 18 and 35
- Be unemployed
- Previously disadvantaged candidates
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
- Prepare and post job advertisements.
- Review and screen CV received from job advertisements.
- In collaboration with the HR team short-list relevant candidate in line with the selection criteria
- Conduct reference, probity checks and background checks on short-listed candidates and provide feedback to the relevant stakeholder.
- Conduct telephonic interviews with candidates.
- Coordinate the candidate assessment process.
- Book and coordinate the logistical arrangement for the recruitment process (interviews, meeting rooms etc.)
- Make recommendations regarding candidate suitability based on interviews and checks to the relevant stakeholders.
- Serve as a key contact for candidates throughout the attraction, interview and offer stages
- Perform ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas
- Take ownership for driving career development
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency
- Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
- Client/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for Results
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Motivating and Inspiring Team
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Growing Talent
For further information please contact Ingrid Sibeko who is the Recruitment Consultant dealing with this position on [email protected] .