An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Maidstone PET-CT team in the role of clinical assistant.
The successful applicant will be part of a busy unit and a dynamic team.
- The role involves working closely as part of the clinical team to care for patients who are attending the unit as part of their care pathway.
- The role involves a lot of direct patient facing activities as well as being involved in the administrative side of the units operation.
- As part of this role the successful candidate will be able to undertake lots of learning and development within the role as well as being able to undertake new skills.
- Good communication skills, fleibility is essential, experience of working in a healthcare environment is desirable.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week.
This role will also be considered under the Apprenticeship Framework Senior Healthcare Support Worker level 3, please request further details.
- Work in accordance with the standards set out by the Health & Care Professions Council
- Maintain all mandatory training commensurate with the role, and take responsibility for own professional development
- Be familiar with the principles of the NHS Constitution, and aim to provide the highest level of service to all stakeholders in compliance with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) framework
- Be familiar with and practice the requirements set out around Duty of Candour
- Be aware of and able to implement the principles of Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Children
- Maintain the confidentiality of information about patients, staff and other health service business and meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998) at all times
- Adhere to the AML policy for Moving and Handling, ensuring patient comfort at all times
As a healthcare assistant you are responsible for ensuring that:
- Your practice, so far as is reasonably practicable, protects patients, staff and other persons against risks of acquiring HCAIs
- Where patients present with an infection or acquire an infection during treatment, that they are identified promptly and managed according to good clinical practice to treat the infection and reduce the risk of transmission
- Maintain appropriate levels of clinical stock to ensure that service provision is facilitated in a cost effective way
- Actively support, through your actions, the marketing and promotion of the company Operations
- Work within site protocols and procedures to ensure the delivery of a quality service
- Liaise with service engineers to facilitate maintenance of equipment, to achieve optimal operational conditions
- Ensure sound knowledge of site RIS systems – both AML and local to ensure all data is recorded in an accurate and timely manner
- Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and any subsequent relevant legislation and must follow these in full at all times, including ensuring that they act in line with all agreed procedures at all times in order to maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Work in an efficient and effective manner to maximise patient throughput
- Escalate to the Clinical Lead/Regional Senior any identified issues requiring further management input
- Ensure full compliance with all current AML Policies and Procedures, Local Rules and extant legislation; highlighting any changes to operational protocols, procedures and SOPs within own area and contribution to their review
- Assist with incident and complaint management in an appropriate and timely manner
- Actively participate in departmental audits
- Be reflective in thinking and outlook and be able to source advice, coping with multiple demands during the working day
- Have an understanding of the Unit(s)/Mobile sites contractual agreements
- Assist the Unit Manager/Operational Manager in ensuring full compliance with all contractual clinical KPIs
- Managing Change
- Demonstrate a problem solving approach to issues arising at a local level, highlighting areas of concern to the appropriate personnel and actively participate in the subsequent change management process
People Management Responsibilities
- Assist with any coaching of others as directed by the Senior.
- Alliance Medical Values
- Leaders, managers, and supervisors have a particular responsibility to be role models in terms of how they demonstrate these values themselves and how they engage their teams to work in this way.
- We work together and in partnership for all our patients. We respect expertise and combine it to achieve more.
- We never compromise. We strive to deliver the very best in everything we do to ensure the highest quality of care.
- We treat our patients and each other with compassion, dignity and respect.
- Knowledge and understanding comes from learning.
- At Alliance Medical we are committed to ensuring that each and every one of us keeps on learning and that we continuously look for improved ways of working.
- Efficiency in healthcare means more patients get better care.
- We constantly seek new ways to use the scarce resource of healthcare more intelligently so that more people can live longer, fuller lives.
- We act with transparency and honesty in everything we do, where staff are encouraged to speak up to ensure a safe and secure environment for our patients.
Compliance And Qualifications
- Awareness of, and compliance with Alliance Medical Policies and Procedures, Radiation Regulations (IRMER, IRR 99 and EPR 2010) if modality requires this, CQC requirements and Health and Safety legislation
Awareness of, and compliance with Data Protection and Patient confidentiality
- Undertake initial and refresher mandatory training to ensure compliance at all times
- Must be IT literate
- Enhanced DBS clearance required
- Full driving license essential for mobiles
- Flexibility to operate across multiple sites if required
- Identify personal objectives annually, agree a personal development plan and regularly assess progress in order to develop within post. Keep up to date with research and advances in technology and propose ideas for ongoing improvement to services provided.
- Evidence of CPD.
This Job Description is not inflexible, but is an outline and account of the main duties of the position. Any changes will be discussed with the job holder in advance. The Job Description will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and/or developments in service requirements.
Please note that we will be interviewing throughout the duration of this advert. Therefore if you are interested in this role an early application is advised as we may close the advert prior to the advertised date.