To be introduced to the Software Development Life Cycle and the learn how to apply theoretical knowledge in a practical environment for the period of 12 months (start date 1 March 2022).
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO
- Areas you will have exposure to will include, but not be limited to:
- General support
- System users log Incidents
- Investigate the incident
- Application support
- Communicating with businses floor users
- Modify existing applications to meet user requirements
- Testing, maintenance and debugging of software before and after final implementation
- Documentation as per SDLC with regards to development projects
- Record documentation of applications created and existing ones.
- Document processes followed to create new functions with existing or new systems
- Create reports to measure data consistency
- Create reports to give feedback to management
- SSIS Development
- Assist debugging SQL Server import packages
- Assisting with Import SOL Server jobs
- Team Assisting
- Assist team members in performing immediate requests
- Share responsibility for the work done
- Peer review work to help with quality assurance
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A COMPLETED Relevant Degree such as BSc Computer Science or Software Development (Please note that Diplomas will not be considered). Unfortunately we cannot accommodate those currently writing exams/pending results.
- Matric with Mathematics as a subject.
- Please include a brief Cover Letter at the start of your CV which must cover:
- A little bit about yourself
What inspires you?
Why would you like to be part of our internship?
Why should we chose you and what value will you bring to the team?
APPLICATIONS WIHOUT A COVER LETTER WILLL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
WHAT COMPETENCIES YOU’LL REQUIRE
- Keen interest in technology
- Highly motivated
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Problem solving
- You must have an interest in technology and enjoy problem solving
- You must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- You must enjoy working as part of a team and display a positive and highly motivated attitude
- The internship will commence 1 March 2022 and will be based on site at our PE offices
- Role is open to candidates currently based in Port Elizabeth.
- Ensure you have the following documentation ready as it will need to be submitted should you be shortlisted further:
- Certified copies of ID documents (not older than 3 months)
- Certified copies of qualifications (not older than 3 months)
- Certified copies of Marriage certificate where the learner’s surname is NOT identical with that on the ID copy due to change of maiden surname.
MORE POINTS TO PONDER
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to the following statutory check:
- Psychometric Assessments
Please note that we reserve a right not to fill this vacancy. Should you not be contacted within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only on-line applications submitted via our careers page will be considered.
Internal Team Members must inform their manager of their application. Your manager must be aware of and support your application.
Other Opportunities You Might Like: