AVI LIMITED is home to many of South Africa’s leading and best-loved brands! Listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and centred on the FMCG market, AVI’s extensive brand portfolio includes more than 50 brands.
Our brands span a range of categories including hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, out-of-home ranges, personal care products, cosmetics, footwear, accessories, and fashion apparel.
We have a well-developed Shared Services structure spanning: International, IT, Finance, Logistics, Marketing, Procurement and Field Marketing, which allows us to take advantage of our scale. Our single-minded purpose is our brands’ growth and development.
An exciting opportunity exists for an ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ADMINISTRATOR at AVI LIMITED, Epping, Cape Town.
The purpose of the role is to assume responsibility for an entire alphabetical profile of +/250 suppliers and the responsibility of the entire Procure to pay process.
This will include daily invoice processing, resolution of all accounts related queries between statement and AP Ledger, reconciliation of all vendor statements and ensure vendors are paid in full on due dates and that all documents meet SARS and audit requirements.
Key Performance Areas:
- Accurate capturing and 3 way matching (Purchase order, Goods receipt and Invoice) of invoices on SAP
- Internal and SARS compliance checks to be performed prior to capturing
- +/ 700 – 1000 invoices per month
- Resolve all reconciling items between vendor statement and SAP to alleviate late payments to vendors. Escalate queries in accordance with an internal escalation procedure
- Review the query management portal daily and address buyer responses and escalate where necessary
Reconciliation of All Vendor Accounts
- This process is to identify and address discrepancies between the vendor records versus AVI records to identify potential duplicate payments, credits not yet deducted to maximise cash flow and accruals not yet raised by the business units
- Ensure that the GRIR Report is reviewed weekly and non-current items resolved within the month to reduce balance sheet liabilities
- Age Analysis must be reviewed weekly to ensure items are not left to age and to ensure accurate and timely cash flow forecasting
- Vendor contact details or any changes to be maintained via the prescribed vendor change workflow. Inactive vendors to be closed off to minimise risk to the business
- The workstation must always be neat and tidy and ALL paper filed away or electronically attached in the designated folders
Audit and Year-End Preparations
- Compliance with audit and year-end requirements by providing necessary supporting documentation and commentary, reporting and prescribed checks and balances
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an end-to-end (procure to pay) Accounts Payable position
- 3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable in a shared service environment will be highly advantageous
- At least 1-year experience on SAP P2P and FI
- Completed Matric/Grade 12
- A diploma or Degree in Finance will be advantageous
Technical Competencies & Knowledge:
- SAP (AP, Procurement modules and basic FI modules)
- MS Office
- Statutory requirements
- Supporting and Co-operating
- Interacting and Presenting
- Analysing and Interpreting
- Organising and Executing
- Adapting and Coping
- Attention to detail