This position would be ideal for a candidate with an API backend engineering or integration support background looking to build upon that experience in a payment’s technology company.
- Provide API support and technical expertise to clients implementing our APIs on the Visa Developer Platform, Visa Token Service, Secure Remote Commerce and related E-Commerce and mobile products, understand their host system and drive activities for seamless integration into their solutions
- Carry out API technical briefing sessions with clients on the scope and requirements of the APIs to be integrated into their solutions
- Co-ordinate with Product, Account Management, Technology and other functions to ensure smooth client onboarding/implementation and troubleshoot post go-live support issues where required
- Actively engage with Product, Technology and Client Services teams to ensure all client integrations are successfully executed, business goals are supported in a cost effective and timely manner that meets client’s needs with a resulting high level of client satisfaction
- Be the subject matter expert in client configurations with deep understanding of client integration requirements to support Visa API products with VisaNet processing, in addition to interoperability and dependencies that should be considered to minimize risk
- Play a consultative role during pre-project engagements with key clients or products to understand the scope of clients’ need and partner with the Products team on defining unique solutions where applicable
- Provide on-field first level technical integration support and product guidance for Visa Developer Platform, Visa Token Service, Secure Remote Commerce, Card on File, SDKs and related APIs. Responsible to advice and guide clients (issuers, merchants, token requestors, 3rd party providers, etc) on integration options and act as the technical resource to understand the platform in its entirety, from overall architecture to the nuances of individual messaging protocols
- Support the onboarding process for VTS clients and work with regional teams ensuring that sales team are accurately and suitably supported resulting in successfully closed deals
- Contribute to developing internal and external product documentation
- Recommend improvements and enhancements to product capabilities to accelerate adoption with stakeholders in key marketplaces/segments/regions
- Continually improve the customer experience by delivering efficient service delivery and support
- You have API integrating experience into mobile contactless payment programs (e.g., Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Issuer Wallets, Card on File Token Requestors, etc.), and in-depth knowledge of tokenization technology including the underlying specifications and relationship to EMV and ISO8583 financial transaction message formats
- You have API integration experience in web-related technologies, and very skilled in Java, JSON, REST, Groovy and/or C#, using SOAP protocol, XML, web applications, API design, SDKs, and related developer tools. Working knowledge of network security principles and experience in troubleshooting TLS connectivity issues, cryptography concepts, digital signature mechanisms, and familiarity with Android/iOS development
- You have exceptional project management, cross functional and global collaboration skills with the ability to manage complex and varied workload required to support multiple concurrent implementations, and multiple activities with both internal and external stakeholders
- You are a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under pressing deadlines
- You have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines. Ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear and articulate fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have strong technical aptitude with the ability to articulate complex technical information in a simple manner, and apply to business solutions and strategies
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of the full breadth of systems, products and services offered via the Visa Developer Platform
- Working knowledge and experience in the payments industry and ISO8583 transaction message formats, a plus but not required.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science or similar field
- 5 or more years work experience in software development and integration covering web and mobile payment platforms
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Other Opportunities You Might Like: