African Cargo Services (ACS) Ltd. provides road, rail and sea transportation and logistics services. The Company offers door-to-door logistics services to the mining/metal trading sectors for both import and export cargoes, as well as port-to-port shipments of metals and other commodities such as fertilizer, maize, rice, Sulphur, lime, cement, and cotton.
The company is currently hiring Code 14 Drivers to fill positions urgently.
- To ensure that all ACS Standards are complied with when driving vehicles.
- To minimize the standing time and maintain equipment in addition to other duties.
- Carrying out vehicle maintenance checks.
- Delivering packages/cargo to customers in a timely manner.
- Interacting with clients in professional conduct.
- Maintaining an organized travel schedule.
- To ensure that vehicle has valid permits.
- To renew personal driver’s license and PDP ahead of time when required.
- Perform a proper Pre-start checklist before driving the vehicles.
- Adhere to all safety requirements on and off site.
- Ensure that all vehicles are operated in a good working order.
- Use vehicles in accordance with their design and the intention for which they were designed, having due regard to safety and health.
- Ensure that vehicles are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that all traffic rules and guidelines are observed and that goods are safely secured.
- Follow all safe work instructions and instructions from your supervisor.
- Ensure all passengers are wearing a safety belt before driving off.
- Long distance deliveries/ trips and required to overnight as and when needed.
- Ad-hoc duties as required from time to time.
You May Apply For These Positions
- Minimum Grade 10/12.
- Valid Code 14 Driver’s license.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a long-distance driver.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram.