Cybersecurity is critical to Vodacom and Vodafone and a strategic priority to enable our business and customers.
The Executive Head of Cybersecurity is a Vodacom Group-level role which champions and delivers the cybersecurity across all Vodacom and Vodafone markets in Africa.
This role is critical in ensuring the right priorities are focused on to reduce cyber risk across Africa as rapidly as possible.
Your responsibilities will include:
This role partners with business leaders, Vodacom and Vodafone markets across Africa to ensure security practices are embedded into business capabilities and designed into systems
Key deliveries include:
- Developing cybersecurity strategy for Vodacom and Vodafone Africa aligned to the group technology strategy and Vodafone global security strategy.
- Overseeing the implementation of large-scale cybersecurity initiatives across Africa for Vodacom and Vodafone.
- Translating technical capabilities into business outcomes and objectives, defining clear metrics for progress and regularly reporting them into Exco.
- Embedding adequate and relevant security practices into business areas.
- Delivering new security capabilities into business areas and identifying opportunities and security demand from business areas.
- Identifying and working with technology teams to remediate cybersecurity risk.
- Being a cybersecurity champion in strategically critical areas.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A formal 3 year degree/diploma in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- One or more these industry Cybersecurity Certifications: CISSP, AWS Security, Microsoft Security, programme management.
- Experience implementing large scale cyber programmes in geographically dispersed locations.
- Operational background in cybersecurity with non-technical writing skills.
- Experience defining and implementing strategy for a multinational organisation.
Closing date for applications: 10 December 2021
The base location for this role is Midrand, Vodacom Campus
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organizational culture that recognizes, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.