To continue contributing to the success of Sanofi’s Play To Win strategy General Medicines has aligned its structure with 2 distinctives but still connected Play to Win/ITG and Foundation segments.
The Foundation segment will be empowered to make agile decisions to innovate in our Business approaches to meet the needs of patients and customers and ensure a sustainable cash flow to fuel R&D.
Innovation, entrepreneurship, best practices scale-up, agility and speed will be a key success factor.
Our ambition is to
- Improve effectiveness and profitably: Lean commercial model, innovation and transformation of go-to-market leveraging digital channels and partnerships, portfolio continuous simplification, culture of excellence.
- To be a catalyst for the company transformation.
- To position itself as an innovative, entrepreneurial, collaborative and agile business among talents
- Seek for leaders and talents who have this Play to Win mindset: Profiles with cross/different level of experience, able to experience new ways of working innovation mindset.
KEY DIMENSIONS: SCOPE & SCALE (Sales, Budget, Headcount,…)
- Define and implement the local business plan, focused on local market business objectives, within the framework of the global Foundation business strategy
- Drive for focus on strategic products, constantly pushing to identify, develop and exploit all market opportunities aimed at maximizing sales, profitability and market-share.
- Encourage total customer focus throughout the organization, ensuring availability and quality of products in the market, in compliance with the highest international standards and norms.
- Manage consolidated profitability, balance-sheet risks and opportunities. Cash-flow and long term value creation of the local company.
- Optimize and facilitate relations with relevant institutions and key opinion leaders at the country level.
- Empower managers to manage their teams, and ensure that the necessary systems are in place to enable them to do so
- As team-leader, optimise cross-functional support needs in the organization, ensuring effective communication between direct reports and facilitating professional co-operation at all levels of the organization.
- Manage network opportunities at all levels of the organization
- Ensure that direct reports and other staff are qualified and competent, properly coached, given the opportunity to develop in the company and continually motivated to handle the demands of their jobs and achieve their objectives.
EXPERIENCE/ PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
- Patient centricity: Purpose aligned with GBU mission, role modelling patient outcome as the foundation of value creation for the healthcare stakeholders consequently for the company
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrated track record of customer orientation as a source of innovation and transformation, improving customer experience and company competitive edge
- P&L & Finance Skills: P&L understanding connected with operational ground, with 1st experience in initiatives streamlining, optimizing portfolio and resources allocation. Ability to make decisions based on complex financial analysis beyond P&L and including cash flow
- Strategic & multi-dimensional project management: Thanks to strategic wiliness to design and deliver complex projects incl. interdependencies (ie:with IA) and social aspects always protecting Sanofi image
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship: able to drive transformative innovation and to experiment new operating models, ways of working with an entrepreneurship mindset to ensure sustainable access for patients as per local market constraints more than global guidance
- Fast decision-making: Able for fast decision making to successfully navigate to different macro-economic, establishing a culture of performance and excellence in execution.
- People Leadership: Self/guided management, autonomous, transformational style, coach/mentor maintaining high levels of engagement of teams inspiring the organization with positive fighting spirit to turn around challenges into opportunities. Drive diversity, inclusion & accountability testing new managerial practices creating connection beyond own scope (community enhancer, transversal collaborator, innovation promoter, synergies activator, communicator, …) enhancing collaborative and collective intelligence
PERSONALITY AND BEHAVIORAL CRITERIA (On top of 4 PTW Behaviors)
- Innovation, best practices scale-up, agility, optimized mindset and speed decision making process
- High level of resilience to thrive in ambiguity and operate under pressure, effectively and quickly overcoming obstacles and challenges
- Articulate an inspiring vision for the organization, to embark teams in the journey and create sense of pride and engagement
- Integrity and transparency, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively building trust relationships across various stakeholders.
- Open to societal trends and willing to act for change on diversity & inclusion.
- People developer with capacity to build robust talent pool and the right capabilities to prepare the future of Sanofi
- Strong experience in coaching, mentoring and motivating others to maintain a high level of excellence fostering entrepreneurship attitude, accountability, and empowerment
General Manager (JHB)