This role leads, direct and manage Cosec’s full governance, compliance and assurance portfolio and collaborates with business units and internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Cosec supports the business with relevant compliance obligations and advising relevant parties consistent with the business strategy.
- Monitor the compliance framework to ensure that it is updated with prevailing regulatory risks.
- Analyse current and forthcoming regulations, proposals and legislation and provide meaningful, detailed analysis. (Includes appropriate updated to the Regulatory Universe, and any adjustments to the Compliance Plan).
- Providing support and technical guidance on legislative compliance matters and to assist with the implementing, development and maintaining of the Compliance Risk Management Framework
- Assist in compiling internal and external compliance reports
- Assist in compiling and consolidating reports on compliance matters
- Drive a culture of compliance throughout the organisation to embed this into day to day operations
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors degree or equivalent)
- Advantageous: Post graduate qualification in Compliance Management
- Advantageous: Internal Auditing
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Demonstratable strong leadership skills
- Specialist knowledge with regards to business processes, risk and risk mitigation
- Excellent understanding of South Africa law
What we offer
- When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none.
- From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet.
That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities and technologies to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
As the custodians of precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry.
Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer.
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities to move onward and upwards too.
- Subsidised breakfast & lunch, coffee & office snacks
- Generous pension plans
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process