About the job
The Case Manager (aka TCM), TCM provides care & case management services to the members of the Fitcy Health community for receiving mental health care from our network of psychologists.
TCM will work alongside our psychologists, psychiatrists & Customer Service team as part of an integrated team thats assists FItcy Health’s customers into finding the right psychologist for themselves.
- Performs a variety of diverse and complex telephonic & audio call care management responsibilities and ensures that all service needs are met through monitoring of treatment plans, crisis plans, and interagency collaboration.
- Administering telephonic & audio call assessments of Fitcy Health members.
- Continuous monitoring of service plans
- Provides advocacy to individuals (and authorized representatives and supports) regarding assessment, patient-centered service planning, service coordination, and transition planning
- Working closely with individuals, providers, facilities, and social service and community organizations to assist individuals in accessing appropriate care within the Fitcy health platform
- Followups up with individuals to make sure they have signed up with their provider
- Creating a proper record & case management of all Fitcy Health community members.
- Secures follow up appoints for the member as appropriate, to include connections with the member and providers post-discharge to ensure compliance with aftercare appointments.
- Educates member to ensure a level of awareness around symptom, effective monitoring, and identification for the need of additional supports.
- Manage and carry out all activities of the Care Management Program. This includes accepting referrals, identifying appropriate care management candidates, ensuring that all their service needs are met, and tracking their progress.
- Develops an Individual Care Plan (ICP) per Care Management policy and collaborates with the members’ providers to discuss ongoing care, offer potential solutions to clinical and/or social barriers and obstacles, and serves as a facilitator for future needs of the member.
- Utilizes technique such as Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed Care principles, Stages of Change and evidence-based practices to move the member towards readiness to engage in services, medication compliance, etc.
- As needed identifies service delivery gaps and barriers, ensures appropriate evaluation, service planning, and service delivery, and monitors care plan implementation and progress.
- Documents clinical assessments and coordination of care in the medical management information system in a timely manner that meets regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Facilitates all regulatory/accreditation correspondence.
- Meets departmental productivity and quality standards; maintains designated caseload volume and adheres to turn around times standards.
- Provides high level of service and satisfaction to internal and external customers
- After-hours availability as needed
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelors & a master’s or doctoral degree in a behavioral health field such as psychology, clinical counseling, social work or psychiatric nursing required
- Two or more years related experience in Mental Health, BH Case Management, and/or substance abuse treatment
- Experience with care management.
- Experience in a health plan or insurance environment
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Able to work in a fast paced environment; ability to multi-task.
- Experience with standard Google & Microsoft applications, particularly MS Outlook, Gmail , MS Word, MS Excel, etc and other data entry processing applications.
- Strong analytical and clinical problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, organize, implement and manage projects within a health care setting.
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Great internet connection