We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Driver Operations Lead.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Final interviews for independent Mr D Food driver partners
- Onboarding of new drivers
- Training of new drivers
- Handing out of driver uniforms and hot bags
- Driver compliance checks
- Driver complaint investigations
- First level support for Mr D Food drivers
- On the ground assistance with the sourcing of Mr D Food drivers
- Final document collection and activation of independent Mr D Food driver partners
- Activating drivers at training locations (this includes public spaces) before shifts till early/late in the evening including on weekends
- Being on standby for call out driver support and dispute resolution till the end of Mr D Food operating hours including on weekends
- Able to deal with people from various levels
- Willingness to share knowledge and develop people
- Able to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, self-monitoring & self-disciplined
- Dynamic & energetic
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Fluent in English
- Conversational knowledge of Zulu, Xhosa and/or other African languages is considered an advantage
- Able to motivate and lead teams
- Learning agility & adaptability
- High degree of personal motivation and resilience
- Strong coordinating skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification would be advantageous
- Minimum 2 years proven working experience in a relevant role
- Ability to work on a rotational shift basis that include evenings and weekends
- Access to own vehicle
- Driver’s license (Code B)
- Access to own Android smartphone
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Other Opportunities You Might Like:
- Account Manager (Food and Beverages/FMCG)
- Area Food Services Manager – Sundale Free Range Dairy Pty Ltd Vacancy
- Bookkeeper – FMCG