The position reports to the National Returns and Recovery Manager
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage and ensure that returns department is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business
- Implement improvement processes and maintain policies and procedures and systems to minimise costs and maximize working capital
- Ensuring all work areas are clean and tidy and safe for staff to work in (housekeeping)
- Manage and implement the Returns Policy and ensure that it is strictly adhered to, from the time the returned stock arrives back at the warehouse.
- Place stock in designated areas for ongoing projects
- Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the returns process are controlled
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved
- Ensure that all the documents related to the products unwanted by the customers are in order
- In case the stock is not in a sellable condition, the DC Assistants have to prepare the products for transportation to the clients. They must prepare all the paperwork related to these operations.
- Collaborate with the DC managers and Champions in order to perform detailed inventory control measures
- Effective leadership and direction for the operations team through involvement and communication to deliver on the relevant key business drivers
- Measure and manage staff through formal staff appraisals, development, coaching and disciplinary procedures
- Conform to all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards and legislation as set out by the business and the OHS Act
- Drive continuous improvement measures within your department
- Reconcile all customer returns by reason code
- Align with Market place and ensure and queries are resolved within the agreed TAT
- Have a detailed understanding of inventory control / warehouse management systems (including reverse logistics)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Good team player, hard worker, willing to be flexible with a positive attitude
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Must be willing to work overtime as and when required. This overtime will be unpaid due to the level of the position
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in supply chain, industrial engineering,
- 5-10 years previous experience the Logistics, Supply Chain, Warehousing and Distribution environment.
- 5+ years in a management role would be advantageous
- Previous experience in reverse logistics advantagous
- com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
thinks like an owner of the business.
is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Other Opportunities You Might Like:
- Administration Manager
- Operations Manager (Fashion Retail)
- Administration Officer (Warrant Officer) – SAPS Vacancies Available