Pharmacy Cashier Needed Urgently – Walgreens, Lydenburg
Walgreens, a pharmacy based in Mpumalanga, Lydenburg is currently hiring a Cashier. This is an ideal career opportunity for a customer focused individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment. Cashiers directly interact with customers, helping them make their shopping experience a successful one
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to:
- Stand and/or walk.
- Bend, twist, and squat.
- Lift and/or move up to 18 kg (40 lbs.).
- Perform tasks involving firm grasping.
- Perform repetitive tasks requiring a range of hand motions.
- Reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
- Operate equipment, including using a ladder.
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- Registers sales on assigned cash register and provides customers with courteous, fair, friendly, and efficient checkout service.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers.
- Registers customer purchases on assigned cash register, collects cash and distributes change as requested; processes voids, returns, rain checks, refunds, and exchanges as needed.
- Recommends items for sale to customer and recommends trade-up and/or companion items. Assists with OTC products, and takes customer to aisle when possible.
- Operates pharmacy systems to obtain patient prescription status.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Keeps counters and shelves clean and well merchandised, takes inventory, and maintains records. Checks in and prices merchandise as required or as directed by store manager or communicated by the shift leader.
- Implements Company asset protection procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Constructs and maintains displays, including promotional, seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets and revisions as directed.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Training & Personal Development
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager or assigned by corporate.
External Basic Qualifications
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend hours.
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
How to apply
Application for this job is done on Walgreens website.