The Picker/Packer responsibilities include preparing orders for delivery and use order sheets to pick a wide range of items, place and arrange items to be packed on pallets, shelves and in stores.
Areas of Responsibility (Your Duties)
1. Stock Picking.
- Confirm and pick correct items and quantities as per Picker Sheet.
- Deliver items to loading area as per route on Picker Sheet.
- Check pallets for damages and keep all stock neat and tidy.
- Ensure that there are never different types of stock arranged on the same pallet.
- Only pick stock from marked pallets in chiller and freezer.
- Return stock that was incorrectly picked to the correct place.
- Stack picked stocked in neat arrangements to avoid/minimise damage.
- Ensure that stock rotation is done according to prescribed methods.
- Only Pick stock from open boxes before opening new boxes
2. Packing and Loading.
- Ensure that the Load weight is spread to ensure the stability of the vehicle.
- Place and stack the load that it will be stable and not fall down or move around, while in transit and chilled products are protected against freezing.
- Ensure that no products are placed directly on the floor of the truck but to be placed on pallets, as per food
- Hygienic Standards.
3. Reporting & Counting.
- Report damages and check the expiry dates, sell by dates and best before dates.
- Record out of stock items in Short Register at Stock Controller.
- Perform daily blind stock count as per set schedule.
4. Trolley Jack Operation.
- Only authorised staff are allowed to use the Trolley Jack
- Ensure the Equipment is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction to ensure your safety and the safety of the people around you.
- Ensure all other personnel or bystanders are clear of the immediate work area.
- Support department managers and co employees.
- Actively participate as a member of the team.
- Performing other task, not specified herein, which from time to time may be assigned by the manager.
6. Housekeeping and Safety Standards.
- Ensures that cleaning and housekeeping standards on equipment and work areas are maintained according to laid down standards and norms.
- Ensure personal hygiene standards are maintained.
- Take reasonable care for own health and safety as well as the health and safety of others.
- Wear the correct PPE in accordance with the company policy and procedure.
- No interference or abuse of any health, safety and environmental welfare equipment.
- Keep work areas clean and free from hazards and risks.
- Help preparing audits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required.
1. Educational Background.
- Grade 12.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand Afrikaans & English.
- Forklift licence will be advantageous.
- Operational Agility.
- Ensure Vision, Mission and Values underpin all activities.
- Ability to show initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-Motivated and reliable.
- Performance Driven.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- High School (matric) (Required)
- Packing: 1 year (Required)