Pickers & Packers (1 Year Experience) – MBT Automotive Company
The suitable candidate must be fully bilingual and must have extensive receiving and stores experience. You will be working in a friendly and supportive environment . You will be responsible for correctly picking and packing orders, to meet company deadlines.
The core purpose of the role is to ensure the effective picking and packing of goods according to company standards.
Key Performance Areas
- Warehouse assistance.
The main duties and responsibilities under each Key Performance Area:
- Picking and Packing.
- Ensure accurate picking of stock according to picking slip.
- Verify that correct stock was picked.
- Ensure accurate packing of stock into correct areas.
- Ensure Effective wrapping of the product to ensure protection.
- Ensure correct stock is submitted to dispatch area.
- Prepare products for shipment or delivery.
- Pack and load products onto vehicles according to company specifications.
- Warehouse Assistance
- Loading and unloading of products.
- Assist with deliveries and collections to and from customers if and when required.
- Ensuring that all stock is correctly and neatly located, binned and displayed at all times.
- Effective housekeeping of work area.
- Conduct stock takes as required.
- Grade 10 or equivalent, with ability to read and write in English.
- Advantageous: Valid Code 8 drivers license.
- 1-year experience in a similar position.
- Advantageous: Experience in the automotive parts.
- Ability to do basic numerical calculations.
- Ability to carry heavy material.
- Additional Requirements*
- Due to the nature of the position, must be able to work outside the normal working hours.(overtime)
To be successful in the position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Need to have good attention to detail and able to follow guidelines and processes.
- High level of written a verbal skills and to be numerate.
- Previous experience working in Warehouse or Production environment, desirable.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing shifts.
- Due to the location, you will need to be able to drive.
- Commitment to working towards a permanent position.
What You Will Get In Return
- Shifts : Monday to Friday (Can change to business demands)
- Full training and support in the role.
- Opportunity for progression.
The candidate must preferably live in the Walkerville area and must be presentable with own transport.
R4500.00 – R6000.00 (depending on experience) per month is what is on offer.