At Dell Technologies, we build the extraordinary. Our Inside Product Specialists (Pre-sales) are the specialists who sell innovation to the world. They directly advise customers on everything from product features and configurations, through to pricing and availability. Crucially, however complex the question, they’re ready to deliver technical solutions to meet customers’ needs via phone, chat, web or email.
We would like to give the opportunity to a Johannesburg based graduate from any field of Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) to join our dynamic pre-sales team as an intern for a 12-month period.
What you’ll achieve
In this exciting, entry level role you will be developed and trained with the skills to be able to work the sales and presales teams to meet business objectives by configuring technical solutions that meet customer needs, managing sales opportunities and supporting the team in maintaining and growing healthy pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Act as a technical resource for the sales organization. Work with Inside Pre- Sales teams providing technical guidance and direction to the sales and external presales team, managing, and closing the moderate to high complex deals.
- Educate the customers of our value proposition. Identify customer needs/requirements and recommend the appropriate products and solutions.
- Understand the customer requirements utilizing strategic probing to identify, evaluate and map their needs to the solutions we provide.
- Provide high quality solution builds to external customers and internal stake holders, sales and presales.
- Remain up to date on new product, technology, and services offerings. Stay current on industry and vertical solutions as well
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Diploma/Degree in any field of Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
- No prior working experience is required
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Attention to detail. An ability to work in a fast-paced team
- A flair and passion for technology & an analytical and problem-solving mindset
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.