Macmillan Education South Africa is seeking to appoint an experienced production controller to be responsible for the efficient production of titles for the Macmillan Southern Africa group.
About Macmillian Education SA Pty Ltd
Macmillan Education is a place where vibrant minds meet. We are a trusted education brand and our core values are to be Passionate, Supportive and Inventive in everything we do.
We have been around for a while (since 1843), but that does not mean that we are old fashioned. We consider ourselves to be confident, self-assured, entrepreneurial and, especially, ground breaking!
We are in the business of helping people learn and to better their lives through education, and as a result we look for individuals who are not just passionate about education, but also about making a difference.
As the publishers and marketers of quality textbooks and educational support materials, we aim to transform learning through discovery.
- National Senior Certificate
- Related tertiary qualification.
- Certificate in electronic origination/composition TT
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in production control.
- Excellent industry related technical skills/knowledge
- Good administration, organizational, people & communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to make decisions
- Knowledge of Adobe apps/DTP software including but not limited to Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Project management
- Analyze project requirements
- Identify and commission resources required
- Manage and maintain budgets
- Identify and mitigate risks
- Stakeholder engagement
- Pre-press duties
- Technical checks
- Manage admin tasks
Archiving Applications: For any technical issues when logging onto the system, please contact the HR Department on the following email [email protected] (Applications sent to this email will not be accepted)
NB: In terms of meeting the company’s goals with respect to Employment Equity, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have not been contacted within a three week period of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.