The Main Purpose of the Job is to handle reception, the switchboard and additional administration tasks, whilst providing professional interaction between Head Office, the Dealer Network and Volvo’s customers.
To execute the duties pertaining to the reception and the switchboard efficiently, with pride and dignity.
Reporting: This position will report to the Branch Administrator
- Be the front face for the branch
- Assist all departments.
- Full responsibility of the switchboard which includes receiving calls, taking and disseminating messages.
- Promptly answer phones.
- Transfer incoming calls to respective extension.
- Ensure accurate messages taken when persons are not available.
- Receive guests/visitors.
- Ensure person being visited is promptly advised and give feedback to guests/visitors.
- Handling client queries and complaints.
- Facilitate posting of goods and documents through courier services.
- Ensure that internal mail is sent to the Dealer Network via Sky Net couriers.
- Updating of courier records.
- Assistance with faxing, copying and scanning when required.
- General administration duties when required.
Education & Job Experience
- Matric / N4
- Receptionist/Secretarial/Administration Qualification an advantage.
- 3 years reception and switchboard experience.
- Strong administrative background.
- Computer literate.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent customer and interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills.
- Verbal and written.
- Listening skills.
- Understanding of diverse cultures.
- Self-motivated and work without direct supervision.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands – Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
No Travel Required