2022 Rio Tinto Bursary Opportunities – Richards Bay Minerals
Rio Tinto is a mining and metals company operating in 36 countries around the world. Rio Tinto has opportunities for bursary for South African students.
Our purpose is to produce the materials essential to human progress.
Certified as a Top Employer for 4 consecutive years, located in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is part of the Rio Tinto Group and is an internationally recognised sand mining and mineral processing operations leader and one of the world’s foremost producers of titanium minerals, high purity pig iron and zircon.
We have implemented a sound corporate social development programme and an internationally recognised environmental rehabilitation programme to restore the mined dunes to their natural state once mining operations have ceased.
At Rio Tinto you can explore and develop your personal and professional potential within one of the most dynamic and diverse companies in the world.
About Our Bursary Program
Richards Bay Minerals is committed to develop and expand South Africa’s skills base. We provide bursary opportunities to South Africans to acquire qualifications and skills to develop a career in Core – Mining or Non-core disciplines.
If you are a high calibre scholar / student looking for a bursary opportunity, we can offer you one of the widest and most exciting range of opportunities available.
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to join a global leader in the mining and metals sector, apply today for an exciting tomorrow.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study
- Engineering (Chemical/Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical/Computer)
- Actuarial Science
- Finance & Business (Accounting, Auditing, Banking, Insurance, Commerce, Supply Chain)
- Computer Science / Information Technology
- Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Humanities Education/Law /Human Resource Management
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered)
- South African citizen
- Matric Term Results with Maths and/Science for Engineering Disciplines
- Matric Term results with minimum Level 5 pass per subject for Other Disciplines
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Currently in your Matric OR 1st year of study
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- In financial need
- Passionate about your field of study
- We encourage students with a disability to apply
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded)
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric Term Results (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution
- Motivation letter for chosen field of study
- Proof of financial need (parent/guardian payslip or affidavit)
How To Apply
- Visit www.riotinto.com
- Search Careers
- Click on the role
- Apply Now
As pioneers in mining and metals, Rio Tinto produces materials essential to human progress. Iron ore for steel. Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.