Sasol Job Opportunities – An artisan (Boilermaker) supports production by providing effective equipment maintenance and reliability while adhering to procedures/codes, and utilising all available support resources to increase stability and maintain sustainability of the plant.
- Proven competence in pre-identified areas per discipline of the plant /mine/equipment/systems (proven application of training for artisan grade)
- Understand and use the plant maintenance documentation system
- Understand planning work management system
- Relevant plant/mine specific/basic process knowledge (defined per discipline)
- Compliance of Safety Management Systems e.g. IMS, MBO, etc.
- Read, interpret, and implement task risk assessment
- Hazard identification/task risk assessments
- Participates in daily morning meetings (VPC) to discuss work assignments
- Support the goals and vision of the business by meeting deadlines
- Provides adequate feedback to supervisor on work progress
- Participates in root cause analyses, and provides feedback to RCA teams
- Participates in risk assessments according to legislation and company requirements to
- Maintains good housekeeping and adheres to waste disposal procedures
- Share knowledge with junior artisans in known environment/context
- Participates in quarterly performance appraisal with group leader to improve personal
- Lead by example (walks the talk)
- Assists with the development of works instructions to develop a higher level of staff
- Take the lead in team efforts/tasks
- Contribute to overall maintenance strategy and direction
- Attends and interacts in PDAs and RCAs to improve plant safety and stability
- Provides adequate feedback to group leader or planning officer on work progress
- Ensures the correct history feedback is captured to improve renewals/ upgrades and
critical spares are replaced
- Gives input at “toolbox talks” to improve plant safety
REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- National Senior Certificate / Full N3 / NCV Level 4 with Maths, Science, and English/ Business English
- Occupational Trade Certificate
- Knowledge and experience on Conveyors, Stackers, Reclaimers and Tripper Cars
- Knowledge and experience on chutes
- Minimum 2 years’ plant experience
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
- Work effectively in a team
- Able to act as group leader (if appropriate to career path)
- Identifies personal training and development needs, and incorporates into PDP with group leader’s approval
- Conducts My IMS (physical inspections to maintain and improve plant sustainability)
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Please note that the Sasol Group/ Sasol Mining will never request you to make cash deposits/ payments as part of the recruitment process.