Ability to play multiple roles either as a Scrum Master on Agile scrum teams or can be flexible to play the role of project management in a traditional project environment depending on the need
Focus on delivering fully tested, independent, valuable small features across the mobile channels
The ability to work within a team and provide mentorship and lead digital agencies
The ability to manage multiple scrum projects working towards the business objectives.
Responsible for enacting Scrum values and practices
Build-in instability – the ability to challenge the team in accomplishing the business objectives.
Self organizing project teams – manage the core principals of SCRUM:
- Teams autonomy.
- Self-transcendence in pushing to achieve the objectives and constantly improve their practices.
- Cross-fertilization of the necessary disciplines across the teams.
- Overlapping development phases – help implementing the product definition, understand and provide feedback on the user experience and user interface.
- Organizational transfer of learning – foster adoption of successful processes by assigning experienced team members to new projects as existing projects are completed.
- Apply Agile best practice within the work environment.
- Removes impediments
- Ensuring a team’s ability to deliver on its sprint promises remains unobstructed.
- Adhere to scrum process and communication to product owner.
- Removing any impediments that prevent a team from completing the work it has negotiated for a given sprint.
- Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions
- To effectively communicate to all stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- To negotiate work for a given sprint.
- Expert in people management
- Analysis and investigation
- To compile sprint backlogs and remove any impediments.
- To report back to the product owner on the status of the various projects.
- Perform analysis on completed projects and provide insight into enhancements into the process.
- Matric plus applicable tertiary equivalent experience or preferably, an ICT relevant diploma or degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
- PMI – Agile Certified Practitioners (ACP)
- PMP certification
- Prince2 Certified (Foundation or Practitioner)
- Scrum Alliance – Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Product Owner
- 3-5 years working experience within the IT industry
- 3+ years experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 2 years experience in all aspects of
- Agile methodology and SCRUM implementation
Knowledge and Skills
- Presentations skills
- Creative and analytical skills
- Commercial and business understanding of the broader retail industry
- Dynamic personality and the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Excellent organisation and facilitation skills
- Excellent team-working, interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills – Strategic thinker, people management
- Management skills – organizational, time management, delivery and planning management
- Strong conflict management skills
- Experience with the implementation of SCRUM in an organization