This position can be based anywhere as remote work is acceptable. However, the successful candidate must be available to work during 12 – 5pm in Sydney time (AEST) to participate in team meetings (1-6pm AEDT during daylight saving months).
SALARY PER HOUR
- The offered salary is US$30 to US$45/per hour depending on your Technical tests and interview.
OUR CLIENT (INNOVIT)
Innovit simplifies the process of managing, validating, and exchanging trusted product data to enable regulatory compliance, reduce procurement spend and ensure patient safety.
With over 20 years of experience in master data management and regulatory compliance, Innovit enables companies to easily share validated product data at a much lower cost.
We have a proven track record in delivering ‘globally scalable’ product data management systems that enable Medical Device suppliers and Healthcare Providers to meet compliance deadlines, promote patient & consumer safety, while increasing supply chain efficiencies.
Operating since 2000, Innovit is based in San Francisco with offices in London and Sydney, serving customers across the Healthcare and Life Science supply chains, such as Mayo Clinic, South Australia Health, Southern Cross Hospitals, 3M, Abbott, Arthrex, Ascensia Diabetes, B. Braun, Bio-Rad, Molnlycke, ThermoFisher, Zimmer Biomet.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
You will be a crucial part of Innovit’s engineering team, working closely with technical leads, UX/UI designers, product manager, and other engineers, to design & implement technical solutions for the latest generation of Innovit web products.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY?
- Innovit is a fast-growing and dynamic software company, which has transformed over the past five years, from being a master data management software leader with operations only in Australia and New Zealand, into a multinational organization with aggressive expansion into North America and Europe.
- Our US and EU businesses are growing at 150+% year-on-year.
- Innovit’s vision is to deliver high-quality master data that can enable the realization of e-Health, and to digitize Healthcare & Life Science value chains with ‘trusted data’.
- If you’re excited by the prospect of working in a company with tremendous growth, and you’re the type of professional who is reliable, innovative, committed and ethical, we invite you to join Innovit in realizing our “e-Health vision” with the motto ‘Trusted Data.
- Made Simple.’ – and to achieve even faster growth rates over the next five years.
Are you ready for this kind of challenge?
You will work with development leads to:
- Design, develop and document software features.
- Estimate development work effort.
- Undertake technical research including evaluation of new software, tools, and techniques
- Maintain a working knowledge of development tools and frameworks used
- Ensure compliance with coding standards and code design patterns
- Consistent application of coding standards and best practices, to write code that is clean, easy to understand, and maintainable.
- Exercise best judgement in ensuring the most appropriate selection of design patterns, data structure, and algorithms for a given problem.
- Thorough unit and integration testing of all code developed.
- Perform regular code reviews to ensure the high quality of code delivered
- Maintain existing technical documentation and create new content where applicable.
- Help drive rigour in the design and development process.
- Provide technical support when necessary to other teams
You will be expected to:
- Produce high-level and detailed design documentation.
- Produce high-quality, comprehensive unit test and code integration tests that pass peer review Produce high-quality, efficient software code and algorithms that pass peer review
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
You must have the following technical capabilities:
- Advance knowledge of Java/J2EE
- Demonstrable skills and knowledge on the spring framework across different modules
- Experience on Java /J2EE design patterns
- Database design and programming skills (JDBC, SQL).
- Knowledge of XML related standards and technologies.
- Experience using web-based technologies to build products involving creating workflows like Microsoft Visio or
- BPM based products
- Knowledge of performance issues in relation to both Java and database design.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE ON THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES:
- Java/J2EE frameworks like – Spring (Core, ORM, MVC, Security, Integration), Spring Boot,
- Backend technologies – Core java, J2EE, Web services, JMX, JAXB, EJB3
- JSON, XML, XSLT, JMS etc.
- Data integration / ORM frameworks like JPA etc.
- Databases like – SQL SERVER, Oracle, DB2
- Profiling Java/J2EE applications using– Visual VM, JMX etc.
- Testing Tools – JUnit, JMock etc
- Development Tools – Eclipse/Intellij IDE
- Code Repository – SVN / BitBucket
- Build Tools – Ant, Maven
- Continuous Integration – Teamcity
- Project and Defect Management Tool – Jira
- Application server – Jboss 7+
- JDK – Java 1.8+
WORK OUTPUT AND ORGANIZATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and accurately while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to review key processes to achieve continuous improvement and the innovation of products and services.
- Ability to predict or detect problems in the area of responsibility.
- Ability to generate new/innovative but effective solutions to problems.
- Ability to work productively with other staff.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and tact when dealing with external parties/customers.
- Ability to write in a structured and logical way.
- Ability to comprehend and synthesize written material from many sources promptly.
- Ability to communicate effectively when speaking with individuals and groups.
- Ability to negotiate solutions with parties outside one’s department.
- 5+ years’ experience developing Java/JEE commercial enterprise applications with strong back‑end experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience coding in enterprise software application development.
- University degree in computer science, software engineering or a related study from a reputable tertiary academic institution.
- Java/J2EE certification like SCJP, SCWCD, SCEA, SCJD etc.
- Other certifications.
The shortlisted applications will be processed as per below hiring process:-
Stage 1: Preliminary Hacker Rank Assessment (150 minutes)
Stage 2: Code Signal Technical Test (120 minutes)
Stage 3: Technical Interview with our Client