The key outputs of the Supply Chain Management Officer are but not limited to:
- Procurement Policies and Procedures: Interpret and implement standardised FFC Procurement policies and procedures and make recommendations / proposals to the Supply Chain Specialist for new or improved policies / procedures.
- Manage Procurement Processes: Consolidate the annual FFC Procurement Plan in line with the approved budget and submit to Supply Chain Specialist for review; provide in-house staff training on SCM policy and procedures and manage the FFC procurement process as per the SCM policy and relevant legislation.
- Identify Supplier Risks: Assist in Managing the inquiry, tender and contractual processes to reduce and eliminate financial, safety, environmental and legislative risks and identify, investigate and correct improper contracting by unauthorised staff.
- Manage Supplier Relationships: Accept accountability for local supplier evaluation processes and systems; manage supplier delivery and contracted performance areas and ensure ongoing liaison with suppliers and maintenance of supplier relationships.
- Contract Management: Facilitate the conclusion of FFC procurement contracts in accordance with the terms and conditions of the relevant contracts.
- Budgeting: Coordinate the inputs from managers for formulating the overall FFC procurement budget – for both financial year and MTEF Budgets and monitor procurement activities against the agreed procurement budget.
- Procurement Reporting and Record Keeping: Maintain a Procurement record keeping system for all SCM documentation and activities and submit monthly, quarterly and annual Procurement / SCM Reports to the Supply Chain Specialist.
To apply immediately for this position click here: http://www.unique.co.za/candidate_registration_1.aspx?JobID=65526&referrer=Unique
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in finance or Supply Chain Management or equivalent NQF Level 6;
- 3 or more years’ experience in Supply Chain Management environment.
- Experience in application of Supply Chain Management Framework, Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE), National Treasury Regulations, Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act (PPPFA) and other procurement prescripts and regulations.
- Experience in contract management.
- Computer Literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Perseverance and stress tolerance
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in finance or Supply Cha