Who are we?
The Sanlam Retail Affluent business (SRA) is dedicated to empower South Africans in the middle- and upper-income segments to be financially confident, secure and prosperous.
With deep client understanding and a focus on excellence in technology, client and intermediary experiences, SRA delivers financial solutions including comprehensive financial planning, life- and disability insurance, credit solutions, savings and investments, retirement and fiduciary services that can be accessed through various platforms.
What will you do?
The System Engineer has to be capable in driving processes, change management with Business, adapt Agile methodology.
The Systems Engineer will have four core functions, these functions aim to ensure that delivery of testing to business is not interrupted, that test applications are maintained, test environments are stable and business can leverage ROI on the tool stack
- System administration and tool integration
- Maintaining the test tool stack
- Supporting the test tool landscape, including:
- Micro Focus tools: Quality Centre; Octane, UFT, S printer, Fortify, UFT Mobile(Mobile Centre), Network &
- Service Virtualization and Load Runner.
- Provide regular status updates about the test tool environment to Sanlam stakeholder(s)
What will make you successful in this role?
- BSc degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field required
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years in Systems Management and Application Management
- 1 year experience in networking and network architecture
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in application maintenance, deployment and troubleshooting
- Experience in testing and test tools advantageous
- Functional knowledge of DevOps Concepts, Agile Methodologies, and DevOps tools advantageous
- Minimum 1 year SQL knowledge
- JAVA, Maven and Bamboo knowledge experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration, including the following build/deploy/version control tools will be advantageous: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Maven, other
- Familiar with JIRA and Micro Focus Tool stack advantageous
- Experience in mobile automation testing is desired
- Experience in container technologies and cloud will be advantageous
- Good working knowledge of testing best practices, techniques, artefacts and testing frameworks
- Has a good working knowledge of all forms of test approaches, configuration management and requirements management principles
- Working knowledge of Test Reporting and Metrics.
- Has a good understanding of general SDLC attributes and activities
- Computer Literacy including Windows and Mac operating systems and Microsoft office
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management from supervisory to senior management level
- Ability to help foster a team-oriented environment
- Results Driven
- Analytical thinking
- Quality of decisions
- Customer service
- Communication skills
- Conceptual thinking
- Proactive and Initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Planning and organising
- Organisational savvy – Contributing through others
- Manages complexity – Contributing through others
- Plans and aligns – Contributing through others
- Optimises work processes – Contributing through others
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things.
We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth.
Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- Cultivates innovation – Contributing through others
- Customer focus – Contributing through others
- Drives results – Contributing through others
- Collaborates – Contributing through others
- Being resilient – Contributing through others