Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for a Trainee Admin Manager for the KwaZulu-Natal Region (Ballito/ Durban Central, Pietermaritzburg). You will assist in managing, implementing and maintaining company administration policies and procedures, by adhering to group standard operating procedures that ensure the profitably of the store.
- Grade 12/ Matric
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Minimum of 3 years’ retail experience in the following fields: Receiving, Front shop operations, Customer
- Service, Human Resource Management and store administration
- Minimum of 2 year’s management experience of a staff complement of around 8
- Computer literate – MS Office
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- Valid drivers license
- Own reliable transport
- Financial / Administration / Retail / Business Management: Diploma/Degree
- Working knowledge of SAP with regard to operating and utilising retail operation systems
- Assist the Store Manager with any reasonable duties in the trading routine and optimising the operations of the store.
- Assist in managing goods in transit as directed by as per Dis-Chem procedures.
- Assist in managing the branch shrinkage and consumables expense within store objectives.
- Continuously report and encourage new loyalty signups.
- Assist in managing and facilitate human resource processes, submissions and documentation for the entire business unit, in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Assist with taking ownership of the workforce management system (KRONOS) within the business units.
- Ensure the company performance management systems are implemented and executed as directed by company policy.
- Take control and manage the store cash resources, daily takings.
- Ensure transaction integrity throughout the branch by effective monitoring, implementation and evaluation of adherence of company internal control procedures.
- Assist in managing cashier service levels and cashier productivity rates.
- Assist in managing goods receiving function, direct and indirect credits function within the business unit to
- include standard operating procedures as well as mentorship, growth performance and development of all staff members forming these functions.
- Ensure transaction integrity for incoming goods receipts and outgoing returns throughout the business unit by effective monitoring, implementation and evaluation of adherence to company internal control procedures.
- Assist with budget preparation and maintenance within the store.
- Store retail admin and management experience, relating to receiving, capturing, till operations, cash office and customer service
- Strong command of the English language
- Basic financial skills – GP, mark-up, VAT, etc.
- Effective interaction with suppliers, management, reps and staff
- Strong analytical skills and time management
- Basic IR and management training
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Portrayal of leadership
Special conditions of employment:
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- Local travelling – valid driver’s license and own reliable transport
- Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 (proof of vaccination certificate)
- South African citizen
- Clear credit and criminal records
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
Other Opportunities You Might Like:
- Trainee Assistant Manager
- Security / Law Enforcement Jobs In South Africa : Latest SAPS Careers, Traineeships & Learnerships
- Administration Officer (Warrant Officer) – SAPS Vacancies Available